If you are looking for hosting wordpress blog in Azure then you’re at right place. You can easily create and deploy a WordPress site at no time. So, let’s began to explore how you can deploy your first WordPress blog powered by Azure.
1. First of all, login to your Azure portal.
2. Now, on top-left corner of dashboard, click on green button i.e New > Search > WordPress as given in picture.
3. After selecting WordPress from Marketplace, you’re given option to create WordPress App.
So, click on Create then you’ll see an App form (on other side) where you can fill app details and select Azure Subscription, Database Provider, Location, Resource Group for your WordPress installation.
Once you’re done, click on Create button below and wait until it validates.
4. Once the deployment of WordPress is successful, go to App Services (Left side) then you’re able to see recently created WordPress App running.
Here, you can customize your WordPress with Custom Domains, SSLs, get deployement credentials, install many extensions as per need.
6. Now type your application (domain) URL in browser address bar. Then, you’ll get redirected to wordpress installation page where you can choose different language for your wordpress.
7. Here, you need to enter your WordPress site details i.e title (example :- Binod Jung Bogati), your username and strong password (keep it secret) and email details.
Then proceed to install wordpress (wait for some time).
8. Then you’ll get redirected with message, “WordPress has been successfully installed. Thank you, and enjoy !”.
9. After clicking login, you’ll be redirected to default login (wp-login.php) page, where you need to put your newly created wordpress username and password.
Then, you’ll get a clean wordpress dashboard, where you can manage your blog post, page , install themes, plugin and complete control over your site.
Wait, it’s not over yet, you can read my wordpress hosting experience in Azure.