You need an active Azure subscription (premium), so as to buy a custom domain name in Azure portal.
It should not take more than 10 minutes to register a new domain name. Godaddy.com (Domain Registrar) will register your domain name under your Microsoft Azure Subscription.
1. First of all, make sure you have created a new Web App (WordPress), then go to App Services > Custom Domains > Buy Domain.
Now, you are given an option to search and choose preferred domain name (eg: bjungbogati.com) and click on Contact information.
2. Now, you need to fill your personal details such as :
- Full Name
- Postal Code
While you’re done, click ok then your domain order will be submitted for validation. Again, on your tab Buy Domains, click ok.
3. Futhermore, on purchase confirmation you’ll be entitled for domain registration charge (since it costs $11.99 for .com), the charge will be replenished with your Azure credit.
4. Pobability, your domain purchase goes successful in no time and it will also automatically bind new hostname in your Web App. Now you are able to run your Web App (WordPress) under your custom domain.
Noteworthy : Your Advanced DNS Management tools are available outside of Azure Portal i.e SecureServer.net – Godaddy’s Domain Manager .
In Conclusion :
- Registration period validates only for 1 year.
- Renewal of domain is opened before 90 days of expiration of your domain
- Next renewal costs $11.99