Looking into major Nepali ISP’s quality reviews, I ended up with Vianet’s Fiber internet connection.
Before choosing Vianet, I had collected several recommendations from existing customers of major ISPs like Subisu, WorldLink, Vianet and reviewed them by comparing about the internet connection quality, packages.
You can also check out the reasons, to choose Vianet fiber internet connection.
Why I switched from Nepal Telecom (ADSL) ?
I had subscribed for Nepal Telecom ADSL service back in 2068 B.S . We’re having good time and I was proud of fast internet service from Nepal Telecom.
As time passed by, the plan which I had previously subscribed (current 384 Kbps) was not benefiting either in terms of price nor quality. So I decided to switch my ADSL connection and waited until I found suitable time for it.
Finally. Vianet roll out New Year Offer for 2072 then I planned for the switching ISP at end of the month of Baisakh ( my ADSL service expires on 27th Baishakh).
Quick Fiber Installation
After major earthquake incident, internet connection was one of the reliable source of communication in mass. So, early in the morning I contacted Vianet’s sales representative on 29th Baishakh, their sales representative was supposed to call back me for confirmation but it didn’t happened due to another major aftershock.
On 5th Jestha i.e Tuesday afternoon, I entered details on website along with SMS to a sales representative (I was told to do so).
Next day a guy came for surveying and my installation was scheduled for Saturday. Then after installlation team came to my house and connected Fiber cable in their Optical Network Unit (ONU). Upon my request they billed the service date from Wednesday onwards so I had trial periods for 4 days.
Subscribing Vianet’s Internet Package
Formerly, I subscribed for 3 Month FiberHome Pro, but they activated FiberHome Basic upon installation and emailed me the details of Internet Connection.
But later I changed my plan to FiberHome Plus on yearly basis (even cheaper than previous plan) and I also got their New Year Offer i.e 780 GB @ 2 Mbps & 512 Kbps unlimited with 2 month extra validation period i.e 14 Month internet connection.
Update : With the Vianet’s Data Bash offer existing users got extra Data which took me upto 1800 GB and 10 Mbps Speed Boost.
Total Cost Expenses in Vianet
- Install : Rs 3500 (30 % Discount) + Rs 455 (VAT) – Rs 118.65 (3% iPay) = Rs 3836.35
- Yearly Cost : Rs 19526.4 (with VAT) – Rs 585.79 (iPay Discount) = Rs. 18940.6
- Total Cost : Rs. 3836.35 + Rs 180940.6 = Rs 22776.9
Package Includes/Excludes Details
- Install cost is Rs 5650 (with VAT) and further discounts will be given on advance payment.
- Both download/upload along with google/akamai cached content are counted in data usage so choose your plan wisely.
- Yearly subscription means getting data on bulk which mayn’t last for whole period unless you limit/control the bandwidth from router.
- ADSL router supporting Dual Access i.e Ethernet/ADSL mode also works. If it lacks such feature consider buying a new Broadband/DSL router costing avg. Rs 2000 + .
Does Vianet Worth A Try (Reliable / Cheap) ?
With the growing internet usage, there exist the need of flexible, quality and cost effective internet plans. Considering this fact, Vianet had emerged with Optical Fiber technology standing out from rest Nepalese ISP providing the stable connection with high quality internet service to the customers.
Vianet’s Fiber Optics Broadband has cost effective Internet service that relays on three mantra Flexible Package, High Speed Connection and Reliability.
- Flexible packages (Discount schemes in Semi/Annual payment)
- Symmetrical Connection (Download Speed = Upload Speed) unlike ADSL.
- Stable Connections (High Performance with Media Streaming, Online Gaming , VOIP etc)
- Great Customer support (Offers 24hrs/7days support)
- Flexible Payment Service (Pay online with eSewa, iPAY, NIBL, EBL, Hello Paisa, nPay)
My Experience with Vianet Internet
Its almost 2 years being with Vianet, things are going just as I had expected. Till date I haven’t noticed any serious downtime or recurring issues ( like lag, disconnects, or ping problem). Long ago I got SMS from them about 2 hours maintenance which was not troublesome but last noticeable downtime was due to Fire breakage in Vianet’s PoP at Syuchatar.
If there is Fiberbreakage nearby your home then it’ll be solved within 2 business days depending upon the scheduling system. You’ll be notified by the SMS about restoration of your Internet which is amazing.
While checking customer portal my avg. data usage is 52GB/month which is going just as I have planned, and I dont need to worry about fallback speed as I have 1800 GB in stock. With current scheme, everything downloads around 1 MBps, it takes me less than 20 minutes to download 1 GB file.
For those who are seeking new internet connection, I’ll be advising you that Vianet’s got best and quality internet connection and customer support.. I’m sure you’ll have great time with internet surfing improving your gaming experience, online streaming or VOIP calls.