It’s just few months remaining to unviel the most awaited conference, WordCamp Kathmandu 2017 happening on May 20 2017 at Karki Banquet, Babarmahal.
What is WordCamp ?
WordCamp is a casual, empowering, informative and inspiring local community conference which is organised so as to make people aware about WordPress.
Talking about WordCamps, they are informal, mostly community-organized events organized by WordPress users like us.
The events are organized meeting the guidelines published by WordCamp Central and principle of WordPress Foundation.
Who Should Attend ?
Be it a core developer or blogger or the one who wants to learn new, WordCamp is an open platform to participate, share your ideas, and meeting new people of the industry.
See who’s already booked their seats WCKTM 2017 Attendees
What Can You Expect ?
WordCamp is all about WordPress – Powerhouse of 26% of world websites. This special conference, mainly focus on using WordPress in more broad ways, using its plugins , theme development.
WordCamps cover interactive sessions, panel discussion, presentations and much more interesting talks ranging from blogging to social media and business which makes you aware to the nerves of WordPress.
Why Should You Attend WordCamp ?
WordCamps are widely attended by WordPress professionals or even the people who want to learn new & start their career in WordPress development. The event are being organized to make it a memorial and exciting day for every attendees. Some of the key benefits you get while attending the WordCamp.
1. Event at Cost
You might be expecting something free (like bootcamps), but WordCamp targeted for it’s users , developers and industry leaders who seek for great benefit so you’re actually getting more than you’ve paid.
The event ticket price has been kept to Rs 2000, includes
- Free WordCamp T-shirt
- Free Launch
Taking about global scenario, WordCamps are most affordable in terms of value. WordCamps are being organized locally (as low as $20 globally) and so the platform awareness reach it’s new height.
2. Reach Out Mass
Being a community driven project, WordPress is backed by it’s parent company Automattic and led by it’s open source community.
People from the WordPress community aren’t afraid to share their knowledge, expertise and code, and no-one worries about trade secrets.
3. Free Workshops
It’s obvious that you’ll meet the WordPress experts while attending the conference. Also, you’ll get chance to join various workshops.
Workshops shall be led by following developers :
- Kanchha Kaji Prajapati – Co-founder and Frontend Developer at eVision Themes
- Ritesh Shakya – Frontend Developer at Web Experts Nepal
- Mishal Rai – Frontend Developer at eVision Themes
- Kishor Mahato – WordPress/Django (Python) Developer at EagleVision IT
- Abiral Neupane – Web Developer at EagleVision IT
4. Meet Industry Experts
Apart from learning, you’d get chance to meet Industry (WordPress) leaders. You’ll be lucky to hear their stories how they have made their way so far. You will get chance to explore importance as well as scope of WordPress.
- Mahangu Weerasinghe – Happiness Engineer at Automattic
- Amit Singh – Founder and CEO of WPoets Technology
- Utsav Singh Rathour – WordPress Enthusiast and CEO of Code Pixelz Media
- Regan Khadgi – Lead WordPress Plugin Developer at AccessPress themes
- Sudeep Balchhaudi – Theme Developer at eVision Themes
- Digamber Pradhan – WordPress Developer at Web Experts Nepal
- Sunita Rai – Digital Marketer, SEO Content Writer
- Sushil Adhikari – WordPress Theme Developer at Proshore Nepal
- Umesh Chaudhary – Web Developer at Rigorous Web Services
Meeting people, hearing their personal stories and the way they’ve developed their careers with WordPress will certainly push you to take your business forward and explore new opportunities.
5. Career Opportunity Discussion
A WordPress conference is a great opportunity to expose yourself and even get hired. In a same roof housed with full of WordPress enthusiasts and experts, you can grab lots of opportunities.
Perhaps, you’re looking for a skilled developer or you’re that skilled developer that another individual is looking to hire. These opportunities are obvious for you once you join the community.
Panel Discussion: Kickstarting Your Career in WordPress
- Getting Started with WP REST API – Abiral Neupane
- SASS for WordPress – Kanchha Kaji Prajapati
- Administer WordPress with WP-CLI – Suwash Kunwar
- Ensuring Theme Approval in WP.org – Sudeep Balchhaudi
- WordCamps : Making the most out of it – Utsav Singh Rathour
- Fundamentals of Premium Plugin Development – Regan Khadgi
- WordPress Accessibility: Why Should You Consider this Carefully? – Sushil Adhikari
- SEO Copywriting for WordPress – Sunita Rai
- Multisite, Core Concepts – Umesh Chaudhary
- WordPress: Speed & Security – Digamber Pradhan
- Stop coding, Start Assembling Your Websites – Amit Singh
- Support First: Standing Behind Your WordPress Products – Mahangu Weerasinghe
6. Explore Local WordPress Community
As WordCamps are runned all globally, so the local events like this is cool place to visit.
WordCamps are housed with Specialist, Designers, Developers, Maketers and Volunteers boosting the spirit of WordPress Community.
7. It’s Going To Be Fun
Yes, it’s true that you’ll meet crazy and inspiring geeks. Along with it you’ll enjoy launch as well as after party drinks where you can with your new friends .
Still, Scratching Your Head ?
Well, I don’t mind if you’re planning to come to this event with your friends, if not then still don’t think You’re Alone because 100s attendees are waiting to meet new friends and share their ideas.
With the spirit of freedom, WordPress Community welcomes every individuals to be part of their community. So, don’t hide yourself.
At the time of writing only limited seats available, so book your tickets now.